Thank you for your volunteering with One Woman / One Girl. Your volunteer contribution is critical in helping One Woman / One Girl carry out our missions and it is the effort of the volunteers like you that make many of our workshops possible. We want to ensure that your volunteer experience is a safe and rewarding one.
This Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability is made between the Volunteer and 9597646 Canada Inc. (hereafter referred to as “One Woman / One Girl”).
Acceptance of Responsibility
In consideration of my volunteer work, I (the Volunteer) understand that I am not entering into an employment relationship with One Woman / One Girl and that I am not entitled to receive salary or employee benefits. I understand that either One Woman / One Girl or myself may terminate this volunteer relationship at any time without notice. I understand that upon the event that I breach this agreement, One Woman / One girl and their representatives may commence legal action against me.
I grant One Woman / One Girl the right to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast, distribute and create derivative work of the photographed and/or filmed images of me for use in connection with the activities of One Woman / One Girl or for promoting, publicizing or explaining the One Woman / One Girl mission and activities.
I understand that this grant includes but is not limited to, the right to publish images on One Woman / One Girl’s website, social media platforms, pamphlets, magazines, promotional materials or other such marketing publications, advertisements, fund-raisers or any other related material.
Confidentiality, Non-disclosure, and Copyright Agreement
I, the Volunteer, acknowledge that as part of my volunteering with One Woman / One Girl, I will be given the access to information that is of a personal, confidential and/or copyright nature. Such information includes, but not limited to: personal information of attendees, contractors, volunteers and all those who assist in putting on the workshops; One Woman / One Girl workshop content material, business structure and organization, training, secrets or any other related matters for One Woman / One Girl; and any other such information in the course of my duty as a volunteer. All material shown at the One Woman / One Girl workshop is property of One Woman / One Girl and is subject to copyright law.
I therefore agree:
- To hold all confidential information in trust and strict confidence and agree that it shall be used only for the purposes required to fulfill volunteer obligations, and shall not be used for any other purpose, or disclosed to any third party.
- To not document the workshop or material in any form including, but not limited to, photos, videos, text and voice recording of the event unless One Woman / One Girl provides written authorization specifying how and what material can be documented.
- I agree to take all necessary steps to keep confidential and copyright material secure and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use, reproduction or disclosure.
- To comply with all privacy laws and regulations, which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of personal, confidential and copyright material.
- To keep any confidential information in my control or possession in a physical secure location to which only I and other persons who have signed a confidentiality agreement with One Woman / One Girl have access.
- At the conclusion of any discussion, or upon demand of the Independent Contractor or the One Woman / One Girl President, to return all confidential information including but not limited to all documentation (photos, videos, text and voice recording), notes or drawings, to One Woman / One Girl.
- To not disclose personal, confidential or copyright material to any employee, employer, consultant, or third party unless One Woman / One Girl provides written and specific authorization.
- My obligations continue in perpetuity.
Assumption of Risks
In consideration of my volunteering with One Woman / One Girl, I acknowledge that I am aware of and freely accept all risks, dangers and hazards associated with being a volunteer in One Woman / One Girl Workshops. I understand that I am solely responsible for my medical/health insurance. I understand there is a possibility of severe or fatal injury, including death to myself or others. These risks include, but are not limited to:
- Risks associated with all forms of transportation to and from locations;
- General health risks such as allergic reactions to food, animals, environment;
Injuries and/or sickness by failing to follow directions and/or guidelines, which may have been provided from those in charge of the event.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement
I, the Volunteer, in consideration of One Woman / One Girl allowing me to volunteer for the One Woman / One Girl Workshops, I agree:
- That One Woman / One Girl—its president, board, agents, contractors, employees, volunteers and representatives (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”)—are not responsible for any loss, damage, injury or expense of any kinds sustained by me while participating in this program and all related activities, including any loss, damage, injury or expense that might result from the negligence of the Company;
- To waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against the Company arising out of any aspect of my participation in this program and to release the Company from any and all liability resulting from any loss, damage, injury (including death) or expense that I may suffer as a result of my participation in this program, due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation, negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care.
- To indemnify and hold harmless the Company in relation to:
- any damage to Company property caused by me;
- any and all claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my participating in this workshop, even though such claims, demands, actions and costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Company.
I acknowledge that I have thoroughly read and understood this agreement before signing. I have executed this agreement voluntarily and not under duress or influence. I acknowledge that this agreement is binding to myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.
I acknowledge and agree to follow the rules, guidelines and abide by any and all risk assessments, health and safety regulations and instructions received prior to or during the Workshop.
I acknowledge that during the course of my volunteer duties, I am to represent and conduct myself accordingly.
I acknowledge that I will not consumer, possess, offer, sell or purchase any alcohol or controlled substance in Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act, SC 1996, C. 19.