Empowered - with Mpumi Nobiva
Do you have or know a teenager who has amazing potential? Are you a teenager who sees herself growing into a passionate, fearless, motivated young lady who speaks up for what she believes? Do you have a burning passion for human rights and maybe even beauty, positive body image, self-care, serving others through leadership amongst young people, but don’t know how to express it?
If you’ve answered YES to ANY of the questions above, then you should sign up for the new One Girl Empowered Program with Mpumi Nobiva.
One Girl Empowered is an online leadership program for girls ages 13-18, designed to give girls the tools to become strong leaders, build confidence in themselves, and to help them discover their passion and purpose in the world.
Our One Girl Empowered program was developed by Mpumi Nobiva, who excelled in the first graduating class of the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy in South Africa. She currently holds a Masters Degree is strategic communications from High Point University and serves as the first alumnus on the Board of Directors of the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa.
Girls will receive a video each week for 8 weeks covering topics like:
- Body Image: Instagram vs. Me
- Self Care: From girl to woman
- Mindfulness: Making smart choices
- Leadership: How to talk about what I’m passionate about.
- And so much more!
Join our online class!
One Girl Online Summit - I Am Enough
As girls we can be our own worse critics. How we view and compare ourselves to others can really have an impact on our sense of self-worth and the way in which we go about finding our place in society. One Girl – I Am Enough is all about self-compassion, learning to be our authentic selves, appreciating what makes us different and learning to be our own best friend!
- Positive Self Talk & Affirmations
- Increased awareness around who we really are
- Tips for self-compassion & self-love
- A few blank white sheets of paper
- Different coloured pens, marker or pencil crayons
- Post it notes or 10 small squares of paper
- A pair of scissors
- A flash light or phone light
One Girl Loves Moms Online Workshop
This One Girl workshop celebrates moms and all the fantastic women that influence our lives and help us grow into strong, confident women!
- What makes us beautiful
- Qualities of our role models
- Healthy communication
- Gratitude for our moms!
- A Few Sheets of Paper (White or Coloured)
- Coloured Pens, Markers or Pencil Crayons
- Paper cut into 10-15 small squares (about the size of a post-it note)
- Large Jar or Bowl (any kind)
- Small Jar (around 10 ounces)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla, almond, peppermint or other extract; or a few drops of your favourite essential oil
One Girl Can Change The World
This One Girl event is all about leadership and how we can become a good global citizen! What are you passionate about? In this workshop we will look at local and global issues where we can create change and make a difference no matter what our age!
- Global Citizenship
- Developing Our Leadership Skills
- Role Models
- Gift + Issue = Change
- A few sheets of paper
- Pencil or Pen
- Coloured markers, pencil crayons or crayons
One Girl Be-You-Tiful
As girls, our confidence and self-esteem can often be determined by feeling pretty enough. We go through life comparing ourselves to others, media images and beauty standards. We often put more importance on how others see us in the world rather than how we see ourselves, and we tend to forget to recognize the value of other qualities we possess like our skills, abilities and personality traits. Our One Girl BE-YOU-tiful workshop is all about deconstructing beauty.
• Understanding healthy self esteem
• Reflecting on qualities, skills and talents you possess that make you beautiful
• Building confidence in
who you are to show your true beauty to the world!
- Blank sheets of paper
- Pen or Pencil
- Coloured Markers or Pencil Crayons
One Girl Back to School
Heading back to school in the fall can be fun and exciting, but may also trigger some unease of a new grade, making friends and trying to fit in. One Girl – Back to School is all about building confidence for a successful school year!
- How Education is our Super Power
- Peer Pressure
- Building Healthy Friendships
- Respect for ourselves and others
- School Stress Busters
- Pencil or Pen
- Coloured markers or pencil crayon
Our team of trained program developers have created a variety of workshops that deliver meaningful and empowering content for young girls. One Girl is proud to offer a diverse selection of programming.
Please download our Information Package for more information about our workshops.